Last update to this document 14/11/2018
In these pages you will find the terms of how to post and deliver Jobs on DonnaJobs marketplace.
Job means a piece of work that a DJFree and DJBuyer agree via DonnaJobs is to be provided by the DJFree to the DJBuyer. Job refers to work either agreed when the DJBuyer purchases a DJService, or when a DJBid for a DJProject is accepted by the DJBuyer and confirmed by DJFree.
DJService are offers of fixed-price services by DJFree(s) and they have been designed to show the skills of DJFree(s) so as to attract more DJBuyer(s).
There are few rules that DJFree(s) must adhere in order to publish their DJService(s).
These policies are designed to make sure that the marketplace works well for everyone.
DJService that breaks these rules will be removed and DonnaJobs will always contact the DJFree to explain why so that corrections can be made.
1.1 Prohibited DJService(s)
Any type of service can be published on DonnaJobs, except:
- Supplying artificial social media followers/likes or product/business reviews (or indications judged carefully at our discretion that the Seller included indeed artificial deliverables).
- Fraudulent listings or offers of any illegal services.
- Spam or listings posted purely for the purpose of promoting another business, website or third-party service.
1.2 What DJFree must do
- DJFree must be as specific as she can be about the service, she is offering and exactly what the DJBuyer will receive if they purchase her DJService so that there are no surprises. Also, DJFree must clearly state what is not included.
- If DJFree can offer different services then she must post separate DJService, one for each different service she can provide. Because each DJService advertises a different kind of service please DJFree must use different images for each one of her DJService.
- DJFree must try to keep it compact. DJService should be services that can be delivered within a finite amount of time and in no more than 30 days once requirements are received from the DJBuyer in the DJProgress.
- DJFree must attach great quality images or even video that are relevant to the service that she is offering. Very poor quality, offensive or completely irrelevant images will not help you sell her services and may lead to her DJService being paused or even removed.
- DJFree must set a realistic delivery timeframe that she knows she can meet. Late delivery will lead to unhappy DJBuyer(s) and will affect her rankings.
1.3 What DJFree must not do
- DJFree must not set a price that is the price per hour or per item. DJService are fixed price services. The price should be the total amount that the DJBuyer will pay for delivery of the service specified (inclusive of any VAT). DJFree can offer a package that is time-based if it is clear to the DJBuyer that is what they are paying for, it makes sense for the nature of the service to make it time-based rather than outcome based and the DJBuyer will get a useful service if they purchase just the one DJService for example "Translation of two pages in 2 hours".
- DJFree must not include her full name, company name or contact details anywhere in the DJService description or title. This rule is first and foremost to protect her; DonnaJobs recommend that she doesn’t publish her contact details visibly on any public site.
- DJFree must not direct DJBuyer to another website for full details of the service being offered. All the information that a DJBuyer would need to know before purchasing her DJService should be in the description.
- DJFree must not post more than one DJService for the same service that she offers, even if it is a slight variation or a change in the unit of service offered (for example is not permitted to post “I can write a 500-word article in 3 hours” and “I can write three 500 word articles in 9 hours”). DJBuyer can buy multiple quantities of her DJService. DJFree must only post DJService for each unique service that she offers. Duplicate listings will get removed.
- DJFree must not upload any content that breakers DonnaJobs’ Terms&Conditions including all the obvious things like abusive, offensive, defamatory or infringing content.
1.4 Buying a DJService
On purchase of a DJService, the DJBuyer's funds will be held in the DJFree’s Escrow Account.
The DJBuyer will then need to provide their requirements as specified in the DJService’s Details section in the DJProgress so that the DJFree can get started.
Once the requirements are provided in the DJProgress by the DJBuyer, the DJFree must:
- respond in the DJProgress within one (1) working day to confirm work has started otherwise the DJBuyer may request and will be entitled to a refund in accordance with Section “6. Cancellation & Refunds” of Terms&Conditions;
- provide regular progress updates in the DJProgress and respond within one (1) working day to all messages from the DJBuyer;
- complete the Job within the delivery timescales indicated in their DJService description including handover of all deliverables in the DJProgress. Failing to deliver within those timescales may mean the DJBuyer requests and is entitled to a refund in accordance with Section “6. Cancellation & Refunds” of Terms&Conditions;
- late or non-delivery will negatively affect the DJFree's rankings on DonnaJobs.
All direct communication between DJBuyer and DJFree must go via the DJProgress to keep both parties protected in case of a Dispute.
Once the DJService has been completed the DJFree will raise an invoice and:
- the DJBuyer can rate the DJFree;
- the DJBuyer can release the funds held in the Escrow Account to the DJFree as payment;
- the DJFree can accept the funds held in the Escrow Account as payment from DJBuyer;
- if the DJBuyer is not satisfied with the deliverables they can provide the DJFree with detailed feedback on what work remains outstanding. The DJFree must provide, and be given the chance to provide, at least one revisions of the deliverables based on detailed feedback from the DJBuyer;
- if the DJBuyer does not leave feedback for the DJFree the funds held in the Escrow Account will be automatically released on their behalf to the DJFree as payment after seven (7) days.
- if the funds held in the Escrow Account are released to the DJFree in accordance with 2) or 6) above, DonnaJobs and the DJFree will have the right to retain the DJBuyer satisfied with the Job done and does not have a dispute of any kind in relation to it. The DJBuyer agrees that they will not file a dispute or seek to reverse payment through their credit card provider, bank or Stripe or any other mean.
DJBuyer(s) can post any Jobs but there are few rules they must observe.
These policies are designed to make sure that the marketplace works well for everyone.
DJProject that break these rules will be removed and DonnaJobs will always contact the DJBuyer to explain why so that corrections can be made.
2.1 Prohibited DJProject(s)
All kinds of work can be posted as a DJProject on DonnaJobs.
There are just a few things that are forbidden:
- Offers permanent employment, partnerships, franchises or joint ventures. DonnaJobs is a marketplace for freelance services only.
- Unpaid work - profit or revenue share - commission only - payment in exchange for skills or services. All DJProject(s) should be paid for, either by an hourly rate or a fixed price.
- Requests to complete university – college - school work.
- Requests to undertake an activity such as post listings on other websites for the purpose of evading those websites account processes or policies.
- Fraudulent listings, requests for illegal services, spam or listings posted purely for the purpose of promoting another business or website.
- Requests for artificial social media followers/likes or product/business reviews (or indications judged carefully at our discretion that the DJBuyer requested indeed artificial deliverables).
2.2. What DJBuyer must do
- DJBuyer must be specific in the description of what the DJProject is, what kind of deliverables they are expecting and any deadlines or timescales they may have. The more specific DJBuyer is about what he/she needs, the more successful he/she will be in attracting the best DJFree(s) for the DJProject and getting realistic proposals.
- The maximum time that the found will be hold in the Escrow Account by DonnaJobs will be 30days so any deadline and/or timescales must not exceed 30days.
- DJBuyer must indicate a realistic budget for the work to attract good quality DJFree(s). If DJBuyer isn’t sure what might be realistic, she/he could have a look at similar DJProject(s).
- The absolute minimum budget for any job on DonnaJobs is £10 or € 10.
- The absolute maximum budget for any job on DonnaJobs is £5000 or €5000.
2.3 What DJBuyer must not do
- DJBuyer must not ask for samples to be sent in as part of the proposal process. This is to protect our DJFree(s) from possible exploitation. To get an idea of their work DJBuyer can see samples of a DJFree(s)’ work in their Portfolio or alternatively purchase one of their DJService to try them out at a low cost.
- DJBuyer must not include their full name or contact details anywhere in the DJProject description or title. This rule is first and foremost to protect DJBuyer; DonnaJobs recommend that DJBuyer doesn’t publish their contact details visibly on any public site.
- DJBuyer must not direct DJFree(s) to another website for full details of the DJProject. All the information that a DJFree would need to send to DJBuyer a proposal should be contained within the DJProject description.
2.4 Posting and Delivering a DJProject
The payment to DJFree for a DJProject is either agreed as fixed price or as a per hour rate Job:
- for a per hour rate DJProject, the DJBuyer agrees to pay the DJFree based on the time spent, not on the real or perceived quality of any deliverables provided. The DJFree must provide the DJBuyer, on request, with a breakdown of their billed hours as evidence;
- for a fixed priced DJProject the DJBuyer agrees to pay the DJFree based on deliverables. The parties should agree on upfront in the DJProgress whether to divide the project into milestones, with associated milestone payments. If milestones have not been agreed then the DJProject will only be paid upon full completion of all deliverables;
- the maximum time that the found will be hold in the Escrow Account by DonnaJobs will be 30days so any milestones must not exceed 30days.
On acceptance of a Proposal (DJBid) the DJBuyer will pay into the Escrow Account the agreed deposit amount that will be hold in the Escrow Account for a period of time no longer that 30days.
IMPORTANT: On commencement of a Job and before DJFree starts working on the DJProject, the DJBuyer MUST deposit funds into the Escrow Account of the DJFree.
It is highly discouraged that the DJFree start working on the DJProject without the funds being paid and held on his Escrow Account by the DJBuyer.
DonnaJobs declines any responsibility and will not accept any dispute in case the DJFree starts working on the DJProject before receiving the agreed sum or part of it in her Escrow Account, as expressly stated and documented in the DJBid and/or DJProgress.
The DJBuyer must then provide their detailed requirements in the DJProgress so that the DJFree can get started. These requirements should include (but not be limited to):
- timeframe for delivery of the Job or milestones (any of them no longer than 30days);
- description of any subjective elements of the Job like aesthetics providing similar examples;
- breakdown of all expected deliverables;
- any other expectations for the work.
Once requirements have been received from the DJBuyer, the DJFree must:
- respond in the DJProgress within one (1) working day to confirm commencement of work. Failing to respond within one (1) working day may mean the DJBuyer requests and will be entitled to a refund in accordance with Section “6. Cancellations & Refunds” of Terms&Conditions;
- provide regular progress updates in the DJProgress and respond within one (1) working day to all DJProgress messages from the DJBuyer;
- complete the Job, including handover of all deliverables in the DJProgress, within the delivery timescales agreed with the DJBuyer, if missing a previously agreed deadline is unavoidable then the DJFree must inform the DJBuyer immediately in the DJProgress and provide a revised delivery date.
Failing to deliver the work within agreed timescales, or repeatedly revising previously agreed deadlines, may mean the DJBuyer requests a cancellation of the DJProject and will be entitled to a refund of any funds in the Escrow Account.
Late or non-delivery of a Job will negatively affect the DJFree's rankings on DonnaJobs.
All direct communication between DJBuyer and DJFree should go via the DJProgress to keep both parties protected in case of a Dispute.
When the DJProject is completed (or an agreed milestone has been reached) the DJFree will provide the DJBuyer with the invoice and she can raise a Request for Release Funds via DJProgress:
- the amount requested should be as has been explicitly agreed on up front in the DJBid. If requirements or scope changes materially during a DJProject the DJFree may need to propose a change to a previously agreed price. This must be explicitly agreed in the DJProgress before any extra work is undertaken so that the DJBuyer can confirm whether they wish to proceed with the additional scope for the extra cost and send a request to DJAdmin to receive authorization to proceed with the extra payment;
- the DJBuyer must pay the amount requested releasing the Escrow Payment within seven (7) days from the date of the request;
- alternatively, if the DJBuyer does not agree that the Job has been completed then the DJBuyer can reject the Request for Release Funds. The DJBuyer must then provide the DJFree with detailed feedback in the DJProgress on what work remains outstanding. The DJFree must provide, and be given the chance to provide, at least another iterations of the deliverables based on detailed feedback from the DJBuyer;
- if the DJBuyer does not either i) pay the amount requested releasing the Escrow Payment or ii) reject the Request for Release Funds within such seven (7) day period DonnaJobs will provide assistance to the DJFree to chase payment and may temporarily or permanently restrict the DJBuyer's account. If the Request for Release Funds remains unpaid after fifteen (15) days a final 24-hour notification will be issued to the DJBuyer. If after 24 hours the DJBuyer has not responded to this notification the funds in the Escrow Account, up to the unpaid amount, will be automatically processed and will remain at the discretion of DonnaJobs for approval.
- if the DJBuyer pays the amount requested releasing the Escrow Payment or funds are utilised in accordance with 4) above, DonnaJobs and the DJFree will be entitled to assume that the DJBuyer is satisfied with the Job and does not have a dispute of any kind in relation to the Job. The DJBuyer agrees that they will not file a dispute or seek to reverse payment through their credit card provider, bank or Stripe or any other mean.
3. Quality of the Jobs
All DJFree(s) on DonnaJobs must strive to deliver a high standard of work, appropriately meeting their DJBuyer's needs.
Specifically, DJFree(s) must ensure that all deliverables are:
- fully address each of the DJBuyer's defined requirements;
- are a complete set of deliverables as defined in the DJProject description or DJService description;
- and are of a standard consistent with the level of expertise indicated in the DJFree's profile and proposals.
4. The Service Contract
The DJBuyer and DJFree decide on the type of DJProject and DJService, hourly or fixed price. They determine the terms and conditions of “Jobs”, including deliverables, any specific requirements, and the price, directly between them. The DJBuyer and DJFree create a direct Service Contract between themselves and DonnaJobs are not a party to that contract ('the Service Contract').
You expressly acknowledge, agree, and understand that:
- the DonnaJobs website is merely a venue where Users may act as DJBuyer and/or DJFree;
- DonnaJobs is not a party to any Service Contracts between DJBuyer and DJFree;
- you are not an employee of DonnaJobs, and DonnaJobs does not, in any way, supervise, direct, or control the DJFree or DJService(s), DJBuyer or DJProject (Fixed end or Hourly);
- DonnaJobs will not have any liability or obligations under or related to Service Contracts for any acts or omissions by you or other Users;
- DonnaJobs has no control over DJFree or DJService(s) offered or rendered by DJFree;
- DonnaJobs has no control over DJBuyer or DJProject(s) offered by DJBuyer;
- DonnaJobs makes no representations as to the reliability, capability, or qualifications of any DJFree or the quality, security, or legality of any DJService(s), and DonnaJobs disclaims any and all liability relating thereto.
Subject to this being varied as part of the Service Contract, ownership in and to any materials and or deliverables arising from a DJProject or DJService and any intellectual property rights therein, will be assigned to the DJBuyer upon successful payment to the DJFree. If the DJBuyer and DJFree wish to include any special terms of the contract (for example, in relation to the ownership of the work produced, ownership of intellectual property rights or special rights of termination), the DJBuyer and DJFree should negotiate and document these terms in the Job’s DJProgress area.
Subject to variation in the Service Contract, the terms and conditions of each DJProject and DJService shall be deemed to incorporate a term that in consideration of the fee paid for the DJProject or DJService the DJFree thereby assigns to the DJBuyer absolutely with full title guarantee the following rights throughout the world:
- the entire copyright and all other rights in the nature of copyright subsisting in the DJProject or DJService;
- any database right subsisting in the DJProject or DJService; and
- all other rights in the DJProject or DJService of whatever nature, whether now known or created in the future, to which the DJFree is now, or at any time after the date of Commencement of the DJProject or DJService may be, entitled by virtue of the laws in force in the United Kingdom and in any other part of the world,
in each case for the whole term including any renewals, reversions, revivals and extensions and together with all related rights and powers arising or accrued, including the right to bring, make, oppose, defend, appeal and obtain relief (and to retain any damages recovered) in respect of any infringement, or any other cause of action arising from ownership, of any of these assigned rights, whether occurring before, on, or after the date of Commencement of the Job.
You promise that:
- you are able to pay for the services if you are a DJBuyer and perform the services if you are a DJFree;
- you are not in breach of any applicable laws, rules or regulations or obligations to any other person;
- you have made and will make all required legal and tax filings. If relevant, you will file all necessary legal documentation relating to your self-employment required by any governmental body, and pay all applicable taxes including without limitation PAYE or other income tax and national insurance;
- you shall not (and shall not permit) any third party to either take any action or upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content, Job, or Proposal on or through the services DonnaJobs provide, including without limitation any User Content, that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty.